04 May 2009

Red Bag of Courage

Too often, magazines make lists of the upcoming hottest trends full of items that, for my wallet at least, are way past splurge. I'm sorry, but I just can't dish out $400 for a dress that I'll wear three times, & $200 for a matching belt that won't be hip in three weeks. So here at The Kitschnettes, we're going to start a 'worth the splurge' series that will feature our kind of splurges. The college student friendly kind. :)


First on the list: ModCloth's Red Bag of Courage. This vegan-friendly faux-leather bag is exactly what I was searching for when I first Googled 'big red bag.' I searched just about everywhere, & as a last resort, I tried Polyvore (suggested to me by Celeste). I typed in 'handbag,' selected my colors, & there it was. My big red bag.

Anyway, ModCloth is retailing this fabulous find for $60. A bit of a splurge for someone used to bags from H&M, but certainly easier to stomach compared to this similar bag for nearly $900 & this one for almost $1,500. Sixty dollars is completely worth the splurge.

But if you're looking to save even more, I suggest heading over to eBay. They have a ton of listings for red bags, but after I found the Red Bag of Courage, I was sold. As a general rule, however, once I find something on Amazon.com or anywhere else, I always check eBay before purchasing. Last time I did this, I got these shoes, for 25% off!

No comments:

Post a Comment