02 May 2009

Etsy Prints Roundup

If you haven't heard of Etsy by now, shame on you. The online shopping community is the place to go for indie handmade goods. Usually you can find things for pretty cheap (most of the prints pictures above were between $12 and $20).

Right now I've been really digging prints, mostly of the gocco, linocut and woodblock variety. I have a lot of plans for these babies. I can see them hanging up everywhere in my apartment, making my own calendar with them or using one to decorate the cover of a blank notebook.

Etsy can be an overwhelming experience, so here are a few of my favorite shops to browse through.

1. This elephant by Kerry Beary is just a peek at her varied styles of prints offered in her shop. She also has some pretty cool mod-like designs.

2. Market Store Shoppe has a snarky little collection of portraits of exotic animals. I have this funny image of hanging the giraffe in the bathroom, opposite the toilet, so he stares you down as you pee.

3. I love the clean style of Art and Others . This print is just one piece of her collection of drawings of every bike you can imagine.

4. I fell in love with Monjojo's series of French stores (and name). I want to hang this up in the kitchen and stare at it while I'm cooking, imagining I'm really in Paris and not Allston.

5. How cute is this mixed media piece by Carambatack Design? I experimented with this style before, and loved the results. There's just something so whimsical about it.

6. Paper Moth Illustration has so many wonderful prints it was really difficult to choose which one to display here. It's so hard to resist a good dandelion picture.

7. If egg beaters aren't your utensil of choice, you'll be sure to find a better fit in Studio Mela's shop. Obviously, this is destined for the kitchen.

8. If you're not so much into "cute," check out Red Hydrant's slightly darker prints. I can't tell if this cityscape is romantic or foreboding.

9. I want this print by Katep in my hands right now! It's adorable, and let's face it, we all feel like that little girl sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment