01 May 2009

Celeste's Wishlist



1. Glass Jars to store dry ingredients in the pantry. I also want smaller jars for herbs and spices.

2. Modular Drawers Bookshelf made from salvaged desk and dresser drawers, repainted with wallpaper lined insides, stacked artfully to make shelves.

3. A Cute, Big Girl Clock. I've been dying to buy a clock-making kit from a hardware store and find a cute little picture like this one to turn into a clock for the wall. Because reading the time off your iHome is sooo dorm-room.

4. A Heart Made From Photos In the age of online photo albums, a real-life photograph is a special thing. I want to make a collage of my favorite photos and hang it over my bed.

5. Vintage Tin Signs My dad's kitchen is chock full of them, and I've always loved the look.

6. A Shuttered Bulletin Board gives a classy touch to a memo board.

7. Pin-Up Girls I just love them. I want to find an actual print and frame it.

8. Stacked Vintage Suitcases I love the look of vintage suitcases. Stacking three or four of them gives you instant art and instant storage. Plus you always get the feeling that you're about to travel, and with my constant state of wanderlust, that's certainly a good thing.

9. Vintage Vogue Covers My ideal is to alternate each pin up girl with a Vogue cover, two of each. I still regret passing up a framed 1924 Vogue cover at a yard sale for $12...I saw it in a local antique store weeks later for $70. Maybe my good luck will come again soon.

1 comment:

  1. yet again lesty, we have similar tastes. i'm pretty sure i want a polaroid heart, and i would want a stack of old suitcases but they are so hard to find!

    ReplyDelete