01 May 2009

Chelsea's Wishlist


1. Lately, I've been obsessed with black, white, & red, if you can't tell by the design of the blog. But I really love the idea of a black & white patterned comforter with an accent of red sheets. Thank you, Target.

2. This is what started my black, white, & red bed idea. While randomly perusing through gifts.com, I found the most adorable pillowcases I've ever seen in my entire life. No lie. These are a bit expensive however, so I'll probably take the inspiration and make them with fabric paint myself. :)

3. In my current room, I have about forty prints of my friends & family. I'd like to do something more special next year (maybe) like this, using frames from thrift shops & my usual CVS prints.

4. Placemats! I think they're an easy way of making a table more homey without the hassle of a tablecloth. Plus, there's the added bonus of the ability to customize them. I love this idea of chalkboard placemats.

5. Since our apartment won't have a common area next year (saving money is much more important), I decided that my ideal bed would be a futon bed. One of my best friends ordered one from here, but I hope to inherit something similar (and cheaper) from our apartment's current occupants.

6. Though our rooms are thoroughly lit, lamps are still a necessity. Making one seems like so much more fun than picking one out at IKEA. Especially if I can make it out of a bottle...

7. I am not a huge fan of butterflies (though the bedroom I decorated in 6th grade will tell you differently...) but I still like the decoupage candle holders we all made in second grade for Mother's Day. Don't even kid yourself, these are awesome.

8. In the apartment, there's a teeny balcony, perfect for some outside dinners (with decoupaged candle holders!). In the interest of maintaining everyone's sanity & creating another crafty project, I thought decorated tv trays would be an ideal situation.

9. Finally, red curtains. There are approximately twenty seven (or just five) windows in my room & because I happen to love sleep, this will be an issue in the morning. Hence, curtains. Yes, I do know they're shower curtains, but I like the look of these better. :P

1 comment: