17 June 2009

Drumroll Please

After careful consideration, I have finally come up with a theme to base my decorating on for my room. Now it seems so obvious that I don't know why I didn't come up with it sooner: the sky. Yeah, I've been doing the celestial theme for a while now, but it's always been focused on night. I want my room to be much more inspired by the daytime. I want it to feel like I'm summering in my little house in the South of France instead of trudging through another Boston winter. The room is already painted a light blue with white moldings, so I'm going to carry the color theme over to white and blue, and then add a bird motif for the details. If you decide to follow a similar course, never fear, birds seem to be everywhere in home decor these days.


I started with the basics of furniture. This corner desk from Overstock.com opens up the space nicely and isn't too clunky. The dresser from Target is simple, clean and has enough room (maybe) for my clothes. And I love this sophisticated side table from Amazon. Obviously I'm missing a bed at the moment, but I plan on getting just a simple frame, nothing too exciting there.

Next were the accents. This clock from Etsy matches my color scheme and style perfectly. These sheets from Target aren't terribly thrilling, but I love the color and subtle embroidery detailing. If I wanted to go for the more artistic version of a clock, I'd go for this version from Urban Outfitters.

Then, the finishing touches. There were so many pieces of art featuring birds it was hard to choose. I like the idea of these wall decals , but I feel like I might be more comfortable with a lovely painting . This pretty hook is a must-have for keeping my bags and coats in order. I love that vintage birdcage look (I had to stop myself from looking through Ebay for actual vintage birdcages by reminding myself I'd have nowhere to put it).

It feels nice to have a real image and plan, like it's all really happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment