05 August 2009

A Fridge For Roommates

If there's one thing I've learned about my roommate, Chelsea, after living in the same room as her for two years is that she's a thieving ho.

I'm kidding of course, but if you read that and thought "yup, sounds like my roommate too," then maybe you should look into The Flatshare Fridge. A design student created this set of stackable mini-fridges to attempt to eliminate the confusion of distinguishing between your two milk cartons (which will never happen for us because she drinks skim. Ew.)

And each unit is customizable too, with a variety of skins and add-ons. They also are eco-friendly since each piece uses up less energy than a full-size fridge. It seems like a good idea in theory but that shape doesn't seem like it can easily store any common fridge item. Where am I supposed to put my cartons of juice? Or even a bottle of ketchup? I guess we'll have to wait and see how the logistics pan out once the design becomes available to the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment